1/11 Photos of Cake Pops
1 hr 30 mins
After sampling one of these little gems at Starbucks, I just had to make some of my own! They are so delicious, can be customized with numerous different flavor combinations, and can be decorated for any occasion. They're a bit of work, but so worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) cake mix, desired flavor, prepared according to package
- 2 -3 eggs (or whatever your package calls for)
- 1/3 cup oil (or whatever your package calls for)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can frosting, any flavor, store bought
- 7 ounces white chocolate candy melts (or any flavor you like)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- 1Bake cake according to package and let cool.
- 2Crumble entire cake in food processor, in batches if necessary, and empty into mixing bowl.
- 3Mix in 1/2 can of store bought frosting or equal amount of homemade frosting until a dough forms (tends to be easiest by hand).
- 4Scoop and form into one inch balls, easiest if using a small cookie scooper.
- 5Melt Wilton Candy Melts according to package.
- 6For each cake pop, first dip the very end of a lollipop stick into the melted candy coating and insert about half way into cake ball).
- 7Chill uncoated cake pops for at least 1 hour.
- 8Re-melt Wilton Candy Melts, and coat the cake pops one by one, dipping one side and turning to coat completely.
- 9After coated, stand the cake pop up in the styrofoam block or shirt box and decorate with sprinkles before coating is set.
- 10For a cute presentation, insert into lollipop treat bags and secure with a twistie tie or ribbon.
- 11You can also decorate with drizzled chocolate or candy melts, in whatever color you choose.
- 12Combination Ideas:.
- 13- white cake mix with vanilla frosting, vanilla coating.
- 14- chocolate cake mix with chocolate frosting, chocolate or peanut butter coating.
- 15- pumpkin cake mix with vanilla frosting, vanilla or chocolate coating.
- 16- spice cake mix with vanilla frosting, vanilla or chocolate coating.
- 17- vanilla cake mix with mint extract, vanilla frosting, chocolate coating.
- 18- blueberry muffin mix with vanilla frosting, vanilla coating.
- 19- banana bread mix with vanilla frosting, vanilla coating.
- 20- cinnamon coffee cake mix with vanilla frosting, vanilla coating with a dash of cinnamon.
- 21- cheesecake (store bought or homemade) mixed in with graham cracker crust, dipped in chocolate.
- 22- THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS :).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake Pops
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 115.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g