Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
Another kind of dessert for the sandwich maker!
Make and share this Cake Pockets/In Sandwich Maker recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices angel food cake, 1 inch thick
- margarine or butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves or 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 16 miniature marshmallows
- 16 chocolate chips
- 1 large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat sandwich maker as directed.
- Brush margarine on top and bottom cooking surfaces of sandwich maker.
- Assemble cake sandwiches.
- For the chocolate chips and marshmallows, spread margarine on cake, then sprinkle with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- For the large marshmallow with sugar and cinnamon, cut large marshmallow in half; dip into melted margarine.
- Place 1 half on each of two slices cake.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Top with remaining cake.
- Place cake sandwiches side by side on bottom cooking surface.
- Close lid; latch.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.