This tastes like a real cut out cookie and it is easy because it starts with a cake mix. I make these a lot and no one ever guess that it is made with a cake mix. Some times I sprinkle the cookies with cinammon sugar before I bake them. Cooking time does not reflect chill time.
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, butter, egg and milk.
- Do not over mix.
- Shape dough in a ball.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Roll 1/8 inch on a floured surface.
- Cut out with a floured cookie cutters.
- Place 2 inchs apart on a cookie sheet that has been very lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool slightly.
- Move to rack to cool fully.
- Store in airtight container.