Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple but delicious pumpkin bread
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin filling)
- 1 (510 g) box yellow cake mix (or carrot cake mix)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Lightly grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs, then add all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into pan(s) and bake in oven until inserted toothpicks come out clean (50 to 65 min depending on oven).
It was a last minute ..I needed a quick gift for my child's school....and it was perfect. I didn't add the molasses, raisins or walnuts and it was still very good!
Didnt have any molasses so I changed recipe as follows: I used spice cakemix , pumpkin pie spices (combined in one can which included spices called for also included cloves) I tasted batter and also added an additional teasp. of cinnamon. I also added a lot more raisins and chopped walnuts. It was just delicious, very gourmet. Im going to make tiny ones and give them out to church members at Christmas.
excellent loved the flavor and how quick it is to make thanks