Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very easy and very rich cake from our Lions club cookbook.
- 1 (18 ounce) cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- banana, slices (these are optional)
- Combine all ingredients in large mixer bowl.
- Blend, beating at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- pour into greased and floured 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove and finish cooling on rack.
- top with prepared whipped topping and banana slices if desired.
This is a great cake recipe. A real keeper. There was no liquid in it though so I added 1 and1/2 cups of water and that made it just right and 1 tbsp. vanilla extract. The cake dissapears as fast as I can make it. I drisel a little chocolate frosting over the top.
I made the addition of 1 1/4 cups of water to this when making because the batter was so stiff I didn't think it would spread in the pan. Very nice taste and texture.
This was a very easy cake to make. I added 3/4 cup of water to the batter to make it not so stiff. Baked it for 45 minutes in a bundt pan. Dense cake but good.