Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I grew up on the cake box cookies... My mom made them all the time... I'll never forget the first time my wife made cookies... I asked what kind of cake mix she used... That didn't go over too well since she made them from scratch!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky. JIF brand is good)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- Turn oven on to 350°F.
- Wash your hands.
- Dump all ingredients into a bowl.
- Get mixer out and mix it until it is mixed up good. It will look kinda grainy, but feel oily.
- If you haven't washed your hands yet, now would be a good time to do it.
- After it is mixed up good,grab enough out to make about a 1 inch ball in your hand and roll it around in your hand like you did with Play-Doh when you were a kid.
- Place the balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Get a fork and use the tines to make a criss cross pattern on each ball by gently pressing down on the ball 2 times. Once for each direction.
- Place in oven and bake for 8~12 minutes.
- Remember that the shorter the baking time, the softer the cookie. 8 minutes would be the minimum though (unless you have a one of those fancy convection ovens).
Amazing! I had no idea you could make cookies with cake mix. I use sugar-free cake mix (which I usually hate) and coconut oil for my diabetic self and picky husband. The peanut butter masks the "sugar-free" taste completely! Thank you!
SOOOOO GOOD!!! I even over cooked mine a little and they were still soft. I am never going to make a regular cookie again.
super easy & fun to do with my 3 year old DS! mixed the pb & eggs first til nice & creamy - this seemed to help with everything else mixing well/easily. rolled half the cookies in sugar before flattening on cookie sheet. added a chocolate kiss to the other half of the batch. baked sugared ones for 9 min & kiss ones for 10. They were perfectly soft, moist & oh so yummy! thanks for a fun baking experience with my little guy. this recipe is saved to in cookbook and we will definitely be making these again. thanks!