Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, Easy! I enjoy using the cake mix because you have less measuring to do and it adds to the flavor. I originally got the recipe from a church friend. You can create your own with different cake mixes and ingredients.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or maple flavoring)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using an electric mixer blend cake mix with butter.
- Add peanut butter, eggs, flavoring and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. If dough is too stiff, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Form into large balls, place on parchment lined baking sheet and press down with a fork.
- Bake 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Let cool before removing from baking sheet.
- Cooking time does not include chill time.
These were ok. The dough was the stiffest cookie dough I've ever worked with. My poor mixer was straining somewhat to mix it up! They were good enough to satisfy my sweet tooth; just don't know if I'll make again though.