Recipe by Jellyqueen
This recipe comes from a local church, fundraising cookbook. It was submitted by Janice, by dear stepson's Mom. These a good yummy comfort type cookies. Great with that special cup of coffee or glass of milk. Cook time is per cookie sheet.
Top Review by Luvourlives
Thank goodness for a good cookie recipe that works when I am out of milk and almost out of sugar!! I omitted the cup of sugar, nuts and chips and added 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/4 tsp of nutmeg. I also did 1/2 cup of applesauce to replace 1/2 of the oil the recipe called for. I was going to add raisins but then realized I was out of them too!! These were easy and tasty too!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs or 3 medium eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in large bowl and mix together with spoon.
- Combine oil, eggs& vanilla extract, beat slightly and then add to dry ingredients, stir well.
- Stir in pecans and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate morsels if you choose to add these and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Drop about 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 325°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.