I found this recipe while web surfing and have misplaced it twice. I haven't had a chance to make it yet and realized that if I don't post it I will loose it. It sounds good and easy.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts, etc
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl add the cake mix, vanilla pudding, water, eggs and oil.
- With electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and coconut.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 13 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lightly greased and floured.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium sized mixer bowl, blend the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the confectioners' sugar and enough cream to make it a smooth spreading consistency.
- Frost cake with frosting and sprinkle with coconut.
This cake is wonderful! My husband said it made him feel "dirty"-like he was cheating on his all time favorite German Chocolate. I did alter the recipe slightly. I used 3/4 cup heavy cream and 3/4 cup water in the cake batter instead of all water. I also toasted my pecans and used them in the cake and the icing. I decided to make a layer cake instead of the sheet cake so I made extra frosting. This cake is one you want to make if you want to impress someone-it's that good!
This was scrumptious!! It needs to be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated. I made it the same day it was to be eaten, and it was good then. But, after being in the fridge overnight, it was sooooo much better.
Loved this cake. Made as directed into cupcakes, frosted and rolled the tops in coconut, beautiful and yummy, thanks for sharing this recipe.