I found this recipe years ago on a Jewish recipe web site. I use Solo Filling instead of jam or preserves, I find them to be less sweet and taste more like fruit. The apricot and prune are exceptionally good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray cookie sheet with cookie spray.
- 3In a large mixing bowl combine flour and cake mix.
- 4Stir in water and eggs until a stiff dough forms.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/8 inch.
- 6Cut into 2-3 inch circles, I use the top of a drinking glass dipped in flour before cutting.
- 7Place dough 2 inches apart on cooking sheet.
- 8Place a teaspoon of filling in the center of each circle.
- 9Fold the sides in to form three corners(triangle).
- 10Moist edges with water or egg wash before folding if needed.
- 11Bake for 10minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets and remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake Mix Hamentashen
Serving Size: 1 (772 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 196.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g