Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe years ago on a Jewish recipe web site. I use Solo Filling instead of jam or preserves, I find them to be less sweet and taste more like fruit. The apricot and prune are exceptionally good.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix, I use Betty Crocker
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- fruit preserves or solo fruit filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cookie spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour and cake mix.
- Stir in water and eggs until a stiff dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to 1/8 inch.
- Cut into 2-3 inch circles, I use the top of a drinking glass dipped in flour before cutting.
- Place dough 2 inches apart on cooking sheet.
- Place a teaspoon of filling in the center of each circle.
- Fold the sides in to form three corners(triangle).
- Moist edges with water or egg wash before folding if needed.
- Bake for 10minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets and remove to wire racks to cool completely.