Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fantastic chocolate cookies with coconut and nuts! Good anytime of the year. Great flavor!
- 1 (18 ounce) German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup nuts
- 4 tablespoons cocoa (optional)
- With mixer on low speed blend, butter, eggs and water. By hand stir in cake mix. Add coconut and nuts.
- Chill dough for approximately 1 hour before placing on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Form into large balls, place on baking sheet and press down with hand.
- Bake 350 degrees for 12 minutes. Let cool before removing from baking sheet.
- Note: If you wish a more chocolate flavor add the optional 4 tablespoons of cocoa.
Wow -- these were a great hit in our house! My husband loves German chocolate cake and was not sure that a cookie could taste like the cake, but he gave me a thumbs-up when he tried these. I added only 1 tbsp. of the optional cocoa to the recipe -- just enough to enhance the chocolately taste without covering up the German chocolate flavor. These cookies are winners and my husband is already asking me to make a triple batch so he can take it to work to share (hmmm.... I'm thinking he might be planning on eating them all himself). Thanks for sharing this great recipe, Seasoned Cook!