Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I swear to you, this tastes like the Birthday Cake Ice cream at Cold Stone Ice Cream Parlor... my girls love it on angel food cake.
- 1 -2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix, any flavor (I prefer white)
- Use 1/2 the cake mix.
- Pour into bowl and with electric beater, mix until most lumps are gone.
- Pour in whipping cream.
- Start with 1 cup, add more as needed.
- This can get very thick fast, so just add more whipping cream until you reach desired spreading consistency.
- This is wonderful on angel food cake.
- Just add sprinkles-- For a great variation-- use chocolate cake mix, mix as directed, stir in mini marshmallows, slivered almonds and chocolate chips for a rocky road frosting.
- better yet, rocky road"mousse" as my girls lovingly refer to it.
- They beg me to make this to eat out of the bowl.
We only like homemade frosting but I was curious to try this. The whole family hated it. It has a strong flour-like pasty taste. Definately do not recommend.
I've been wanting to try this for awhile; I made it recently for a birthday cake & everybody raved :) I used an entire cake mix (yellow butter) & 2 cups of whipped cream- I also threw in a tsp. of vanilla & the kids LOVED it. I"ll be trying different variations, but this recipe is a gem. Thanks for a definite keeper
We really enjoyed this frosting particularly the consistency but when using a a white cake mix it wasn't quite sweet enough. To sweeten things up I added 1/4 cup of icing sugar and for us it was perfection. Thanks for the recipe definitely part of the rotation. I can't wait to try different flavors!