I swear to you, this tastes like the Birthday Cake Ice cream at Cold Stone Ice Cream Parlor... my girls love it on angel food cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (18 ounce) package cake mix, any flavor (I prefer white)
- 1Use 1/2 the cake mix.
- 2Pour into bowl and with electric beater, mix until most lumps are gone.
- 3Pour in whipping cream.
- 4Start with 1 cup, add more as needed.
- 5This can get very thick fast, so just add more whipping cream until you reach desired spreading consistency.
- 6This is wonderful on angel food cake.
- 7Just add sprinkles-- For a great variation-- use chocolate cake mix, mix as directed, stir in mini marshmallows, slivered almonds and chocolate chips for a rocky road frosting.
- 8better yet, rocky road"mousse" as my girls lovingly refer to it.
- 9They beg me to make this to eat out of the bowl.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake Mix Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.0
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.1 mg
- Sodium 292.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g