Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love cream cheese frosting, and this is my new favorite!
Make and share this Cake Mix Doctor's Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in mixing bowl and beat at low speed for about 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar, mixing in a little at a time, until it is all incorporated.
- Add more sugar, as necessary to reach desirable consistency.
- Add vanilla, increase mixer speed to medium and beat until frosting is fluffy, about 1 minute more.
- Use to frost your favorite cake or cupcakes.
I just prepared this and I should have stuck with my "gut feeling" that 2 tablespoons of vanilla sounded like too much. The preparation was going fine until I added all the vanilla. I meant to just add 2 teaspoons, but in a hurry dumped all 2 tablespoons which made it too runny. I've noticed this is very similar to many other recipes posted, but others have less vanilla, so I'm confident it'll come out fine once I decrease the vanilla. UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I had to add another 1/4 sugar to help thicken the frosting. So, I ended up having enough frosting for two 9x13 cakes. The frosting has a really good flavor, so I upped the number of stars. Just couldn't give it a 5 due to the consistency. If you plan to keep whatever you frost in the refrigerator, it may not be a big deal and definitely worth trying this frosting.
I made this recipe tonight to top a cake I had made for work. The recipe didn't really set very well for me. I added a bit more powdered sugar, but it was still runny. I have looked around, and there are tons of recipes that are similar, but use more sugar. Perhaps it was just me though.