Prep 1 hr 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have often prepared these ahead of time and frozen the unbaked crescent rolls. Take them out of the freezer and let them defrost and rise on cookie sheets for about 2-3 hours before baking.
- 7.08 g package active dry yeast
- 354.88 ml warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 768.91 ml all-purpose flour
- 255.14 g package yellow cake mix or 255.14 g package white cake mix
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Beat in the flour, dry cake mix and salt (do not knead).
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge, beginning at the wide end; place point side down on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.