Prep 1 hr 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
I have often prepared these ahead of time and frozen the unbaked crescent rolls. Take them out of the freezer and let them defrost and rise on cookie sheets for about 2-3 hours before baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Beat in the flour, dry cake mix and salt (do not knead).
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge, beginning at the wide end; place point side down on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.