Recipe by irishred5
I have often prepared these ahead of time and frozen the unbaked crescent rolls. Take them out of the freezer and let them defrost and rise on cookie sheets for about 2-3 hours before baking.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (9 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Beat in the flour, dry cake mix and salt (do not knead).
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half.
- Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge, beginning at the wide end; place point side down on greased baking sheets.
- Brush with butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.