Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These are absolutely FABULOUS...Chocolate coconut cookies topped with Hershey bars and coconut!!! They start with a cake mix and are pretty easy. Don't let the ingredients scare you off...these are soooooo worth it.
Top Review by Laudee
To: Karen Monahan My Lord, Girl, you've done it again! These cookies are delicious. They have my two favorite ingredients: chocolate and coconut - YUM! Really easy to throw together and really easy on the palate. Take a bow - they're great. Thanks for sharing. Laudee C. Colorado
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup oats, uncooked and toasted
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, broken into squares (Hershey bars)
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Immediately top each cookie with one chocolate square; spread to frost.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Remove to racks to cool.