Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are absolutely FABULOUS...Chocolate coconut cookies topped with Hershey bars and coconut!!! They start with a cake mix and are pretty easy. Don't let the ingredients scare you off...these are soooooo worth it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup oats, uncooked and toasted
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, broken into squares (Hershey bars)
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- Combine first 6 ingredients and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Immediately top each cookie with one chocolate square; spread to frost.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Remove to racks to cool.
To: Karen Monahan My Lord, Girl, you've done it again! These cookies are delicious. They have my two favorite ingredients: chocolate and coconut - YUM! Really easy to throw together and really easy on the palate. Take a bow - they're great. Thanks for sharing. Laudee C. Colorado
Oh My Gosh, Karen these cookies are SOOoooo good. My DH helped make them, putting the chocolate & coconut on them, they are delicious and so easy to make. these will be a regular at our house. Thanks for such a good recipe.
These were great simple cookies. After the first batch of cookies, I decided the chocolate on top wasn't that crucial and was slightly umberson spreading the chocolate on the very soft cookie top. I left out that step afterward and simply dipped the tops of the cookies in coconut before baking. They looked and tasted the same. I'm definitely saving this recipe to repeat again.