Recipe by SLColman
Easy cookie that utilizes a cake mix. It is nice to have the ingredients on hand for thse for when unexpected company pops over or you need a quick sweet treat. These are a softer cookie with a cake-like texture. Mix and match cake mix and frosting varieties for a new flavor combination.
- 510.29 g package cake mix (any flavor)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 226.79 g frosting (any flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix together the cake mix, oil and eggs. Do this by hand as it is very stiff. You are looking for everything to just come together to form a dough.
- Roll dough into 1" balls. Place about 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Note: if dough is too sticky to roll into balls easily, refrigerate for a short time.
- Bake cookies 8 to 11 minutes at 350. Cookies should still be soft but the tops will have a cracked appearance when done.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets to cool.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Choose 2 cookies that are the same size and shape. Place about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of frosting on the bottom of one cookie. Put the two cookies together bottoms facing each other to form the sandwich.
- Note: I like to use the following combinations, but feel free to experiment. Chocolate cookie with fudge frosting, chocolate cookie with vanilla frosting, white cake with vanilla frosting (add about 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract to the frosting), carrot cake cookies with chream cheese frosting, funfetti cookies with rainbow chip frosting (kids love this one for the colors).