Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy cookie that utilizes a cake mix. It is nice to have the ingredients on hand for thse for when unexpected company pops over or you need a quick sweet treat. These are a softer cookie with a cake-like texture. Mix and match cake mix and frosting varieties for a new flavor combination.
- 510.29 g package cake mix (any flavor)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 226.79 g frosting (any flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl mix together the cake mix, oil and eggs. Do this by hand as it is very stiff. You are looking for everything to just come together to form a dough.
- Roll dough into 1" balls. Place about 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Note: if dough is too sticky to roll into balls easily, refrigerate for a short time.
- Bake cookies 8 to 11 minutes at 350. Cookies should still be soft but the tops will have a cracked appearance when done.
- Remove cookies from baking sheets to cool.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Choose 2 cookies that are the same size and shape. Place about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of frosting on the bottom of one cookie. Put the two cookies together bottoms facing each other to form the sandwich.
- Note: I like to use the following combinations, but feel free to experiment. Chocolate cookie with fudge frosting, chocolate cookie with vanilla frosting, white cake with vanilla frosting (add about 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract to the frosting), carrot cake cookies with chream cheese frosting, funfetti cookies with rainbow chip frosting (kids love this one for the colors).
love this recipe. these are the easiest cookies i've ever made!
I loved this recipe. I was looking for an easy cookie put together for lunches. These went together so fast. I used a yellow cake mix and coconut-pecan praline frosting. Wow, what a cookie! I can see where you can get really creative with this. Thank you so much for a great, easy recipe. :)