Easy to make Cinnamon rolls that will melt in your mouth. You can add raisins or nuts to this basic recipe.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the cake mix and 3 cups of the flour; stir to combine.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Deflate the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough into a 10x16" rectangle.
- spread the softened butter over the rectangle; sprinkle on brown sugar and cinnamon (and raisins if desired).
- Starting from one of the long sides, roll up the rectangle and cut into 1" wide rolls.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a 9x13" baking pan.
- Pour the melted butter into a small bowl and mix the white sugar (and pecans if desired) in another small bowl.
- Dip the top of each roll in the melted butter, then in the sugar and pecan mixture, then place the topped rolls snugly into the prepared pan.
- Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes, or until rolls are golden.