Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
this recipe is much requested...
Make and share this Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 19 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 ounce active dry yeast, packages
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Grease two 13x9 inch pans. Set aside.
- for ROLLS:.
- combine cake mix, flour and yeast in large bowl. Stir until well blended. Stir in hot water. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Divide dough in half. Roll half the dough into large rectangel on floured surface.
- Spread with generous amount of softened butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion and cut into 12 slices. Place rolls in one pan.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover and let rise in pans for 30-40 minutes or until doubled.
- Preheat to 375*.
- for TOPPING:.
- combine melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and nuts in liquid measuring cup.
- Pour evenly over rolls.
- Bake at 3758 for 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
- ***FOR AN EXTRA SPECIAL TOUCH -- PLACE 1 CUP POWDERED SUGAR IN SMALL BOWL, ADD 1-2 TBLS WATER, STIRRING UNTIL SMOOTH AND DESIRED CONSISTENCY. DRIZZLE GLAZE OVER BAKED ROLLS.