Recipe by AuntWoofieWoof
I like to get creative with boxed cake mixes. It's more convenient and less time consuming than making cakes from scratch. The mayonnaise in this cake makes it really moist. You cannot tell the mayonnaise is in it. Since mayonnaise is made with eggs and oil, there is no need to add oil to this recipe and it uses less eggs. Instead of the 3 large eggs the directions on the cake mix box calls for, this recipe calls for 2 large eggs.
- 1 box duncan hines devil's food cake mix (or any brand)
- 2 large eggs
- 314.66 ml water
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- frosting or icing, of choice or powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan or a 9x13x2 inch cake pan.
- Dump the cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, water and mayonnaise.
- Mix by hand or with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- Stir the chocolate chips into the cake batter using a large spoon.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is done.
- Press the center of the cake in, using a finger.
- If it springs back, the cake is done.
- If not it needs more baking time.
- If using a bundt cake pan, allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes and follow the next 3 steps.
- Put a dinner plate or cake plate on top of the bundt cake pan. with the bottom of the plate facing you.
- Holding the bundt cake pan onto the plate, turn it over(you may need to use hot pads to do this).
- You may need to slightly shake the pan while it is on the plate to help loosen the cake from the pan.
- If using a 9x13x2 inch cake pan, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake.
- If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- If you are going to ice/frost the cake, allow the cake to completely cool.
- If you don't want to frost/ice the cake you can dust it with powdered sugar.