Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From the MN Mom's Club Cookbook
Top Review by wallace_belle2
It was a GREAT cheap recipe! I did however change the types of nuts and fruit. I went crazy and did 4 cups of nuts/seeds/berries. Still it turned out fabulous. And it saved me money by not having to buy snack bars for my husband to take to work
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 2 cups chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cake mix and brown sugar.
- Add melted butter and eggs.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Combine dates and nuts.
- Stir into batter.
- Batter will be stiff.
- Spread into greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown.