Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from our church cookbook.
Make and share this Cake Mix Butterscotch Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup water, plus
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Mix together oil, water and egg.
- Add cake mix and puddings.
- Mix well.
- Pour half of batter into greased 9x13" pan.
- Top with half of crumb topping, then rest of batter, finally with last half of the topping.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
I made this for a dinner and a bunch of friends. They said that it was tasty and super moist. Smells great when it is baking
this is a YUMMY cake...i just got the recipe this past week and was going to post it, but this one is almost the same. the recipe i have varies in that it uses only 1/2 c. oil (healthier than a full cup and the cake is still VERY moist), 1 c. water and adds 1 tsp. vanilla. baking instructions are 375Â°F for 20 mins. and then 325Â°F for an additional 20-25 mins.
This is really scrumptious!! I think the bake time may be off though b/c mine was done after 30 minutes. I used sugar free pudding mixes and only half the oil...I used applesauce for the other half. This was very easy to put together and makes a really moist cake. I made a glaze of powdered sugar and milk and drizzled it over the top. Thanks Recipe Junkie!