Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is so easy and good too (unfortunately, not diabetic, tho!) I love butterscotch (not as much as I love caramel, but it's close). When cake mixes go on sale, my family stocks up for quickies like this. They are also the base of some of our favorite pot-luck type dishes. This one might be your next pot-luck take-a-long. This one is with compliments from one of my best friends, Betty Crocker.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagebetty crocker supermoist butter pecan cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) jar caramel topping
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Stir together dry cake mix, butter and egg in large bowl, using fork. Press half of the mixture in bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Pour topping over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cake mix mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown; cool completely, about 1 hour. For 24 bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered.
These really stuck hard on sides of baking pan. Should of sprayed pam on pan. We found these to be really too sweet for us..
Wow these are really yummy! I baked them in an 8x11 pan so I had to leave them in the oven a few extra minutes. They smelled wonderful while baking and taste even better!! Thanks for this treat!
OH my, Amy, the Butterscotch Bars just came out of the oven and a few of the staff had to work overtime and they have already cut some of it off. I couldn't even cool it properly! LOL. Followed the recipe to the letter and used Smucker's Caramel Topping.From the little morsel that I tasted, it is splendid! Thanks for a fabulous dessert &/or snack, Diane