Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This recipe is so easy and good too (unfortunately, not diabetic, tho!) I love butterscotch (not as much as I love caramel, but it's close). When cake mixes go on sale, my family stocks up for quickies like this. They are also the base of some of our favorite pot-luck type dishes. This one might be your next pot-luck take-a-long. This one is with compliments from one of my best friends, Betty Crocker.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagebetty crocker supermoist butter pecan cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) jar caramel topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Stir together dry cake mix, butter and egg in large bowl, using fork. Press half of the mixture in bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch rectangular pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Pour topping over crust. Sprinkle with remaining cake mix mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown; cool completely, about 1 hour. For 24 bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered.