Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Using a cake mix and quick oats, you can have a few dozen cookies in no time flat! Yummy, moderately healthier, and so simple and quick! The possibilities are endless! Modified from a Duncan Heinz Dessert cookbook. Originally a no-cholesterol recipe.
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (Devil's Food or Swiss Chocolate is a favorite in my house to use, original recipe calls for Spice Ca)
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick oats
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl by hand with spoon/spatula. A whisk of any kind does not work well. I prefer to add the oats last, and slowly, mixing after each little addition. Batter will be stiff; not cake like.
- Drop by rounded spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, until set and slightly brown on top, careful not to over bake.
- Upon removing from oven, let sit for a minute or two on cookie sheet. Then remove to wax/parchment paper for cooling.
- Store in an air tight container and enjoy!