1/1 Photo of Cake Mix and Oats Cookies
Using a cake mix and quick oats, you can have a few dozen cookies in no time flat! Yummy, moderately healthier, and so simple and quick! The possibilities are endless! Modified from a Duncan Heinz Dessert cookbook. Originally a no-cholesterol recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (Devil's Food or Swiss Chocolate is a favorite in my house to use, original recipe calls for Spice Ca)
- 1 3/4 cups quick oats
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl by hand with spoon/spatula. A whisk of any kind does not work well. I prefer to add the oats last, and slowly, mixing after each little addition. Batter will be stiff; not cake like.
- 3Drop by rounded spoonful onto greased cookie sheet.
- 4Bake for 7-9 minutes, until set and slightly brown on top, careful not to over bake.
- 5Upon removing from oven, let sit for a minute or two on cookie sheet. Then remove to wax/parchment paper for cooling.
- 6Store in an air tight container and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake Mix and Oats Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.5
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 202.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g