A friend once gave this to me as a gift. My girls were so impressed that they started making them all the time.
- 1 box cake mix, flavor of your choice
- 1 small instant pudding mix, flavor of your choice (not sugar free)
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemonade mix or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange breakfast drink mix or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cocoa powder or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla powder or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant cappuccino mix
- Combine cake mix ingredients and blend well.
- Measure 1/2 cup of mix into a sandwich bag.
- Label this bag"Cake Mix.
- "Place the glaze mix ingredients into a sandwich bag.
- Label this bag"glaze mix" and attach it to the other bag with a twist tie.
- Place one bag cake mix and one bag glaze mix in each coffee cup and attach the baking instructions.
- Tip: Be sure to select a large mug that can hold 1 1/2 cups of water.
- The mug must be microwavable.
- Flavor Options: Lemon cake mix-lemon pudding, Yellow mix-chocolate pudding, Devils food mix-chocolate pudding, Pineapple mix-coconut pudding, Butterscotch mix-butterscotch pudding.
- Attach the following note to the gift:Mist inside of coffee mug with cooking spray.
- Empty cake mix into cup.
- Add 1 egg white, 1 tablespoon.
- oil and 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on full power 2 minutes.
- Empty Glaze Mix into a small bowl and add 1 teaspoon water.
- Mix well.
- Pour glaze over baked cake.
This turned out to be a great "Secret Santa" gift for the girls at work. I used Chocolate Fudge Cake, Chocolate Fudge pudding and cocoa for my glaze. I made one to test it out and I was surprised! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...
This sounds like a cute, unusual gift for any special and/or non-special day.....I will try this one, ASAP..Almost like a cake in a jar mix....... Beve
This is such a cute idea!! I want to put these in our christmas baskets this year so I decided to give it a try first to make sure it works out ok :-) I used a yellow cake mix with a white chocolate pudding. Once measured out, the cake & pudding mix make enough for 8 mugs. I was so anxious to give this a try, I ate it right out of the microwave and it was very good!! A word of caution ... I saved 1/2 of it as I wanted my daughter to try it - she came home about an hour later (I had covered the mug with plastic wrap), and after cooling the cake got pretty hard. I am still going to include them in my baskets but will add to my instruction card to glaze and eat soon after cooking. Thanks Mirj, this will be a fun addition to my baskets!