1/17 Photos of Cake from Portal
2 hrs 40 mins
This is the cake from the game Portal, made using the recipe from the game Portal. It is all lies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 517.37 g package chocolate cake mix
- 340.19 g can coconut pecan frosting
- 177.44 ml vegetable oil
- 7 egg whites
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine, melted
- 158.51 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml cocoa powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 78.07 ml water
- 2 (680.38 g) can vanilla frosting
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 1This recipe is simple, it just takes a lot of ingredients and mixing/sitting around time to complete. Pop in a movie while making the cake to help pass the time.
- 2This recipe can easily be made for those who do not consume dairy by making sure the frosting and cake mix you use do not contain dairy. Which is easily done, I being dairy intolerant myself.
- 3And lastly, this cake is for fun. It is for the nerd in all of us that just wants to sit down with a bunch of friends, and eat. This cake is perfect for that. Heck, you could all bring food and call it a Lies and Deceit Pot Luck, and LAN your way through the meal!
- 4Warning to the wise: this cake is VERY rich. Don't cut it into eight slices, cut it into sixteen. Regular sized slices will just make people sick to their stomachs because of how rich this cake is. So do eat carefully.
- 5The night before, mix 2/3c cocoa powder with 1.5 cans of vanilla frosting. Save the remaining half can of vanilla frosting for later.
- 6Next day: remove mixed frosting and vanilla frosting from the fridge and set to the side. Also place the cherries and chocolate chips to the side. They will not be used until the cake is completely done.
- 7Pre-heat over to 375 degrees F.
- 8Lightly butter two 9 inch cake pans.
- 9In one bowl combine all remaining dry ingredients.
- 10In larger bowl, combine all liquid ingredients and egg whites. Mix thoroughly.
- 11Slowly sift dry ingredients into the large bowl of liquid ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- 12Pour half of the batter into one prepared cake pan, and the rest into the second cake pan.
- 13Cook for 30+ minutes, until a knife can be removed cleanly from the cake.
- 14When done cooking, allow the cake to cool for at least one hour.
- 15Remove top quarter inch from one cake round. Basically, let it have a completely flat top so that the second layer can rest smoothly on top. I suggest using a bread knife.
- 16Use the coconut frosting as the inner layer.
- 17Place second layer on top of first layer.
- 18Frost with the cocoa powder mixed frosting. Warning: this stuff is stiff, so it takes a little work.
- 19Coat entire cake with chocolate chips, press them lightly into the frosting to get them to stay. The recipe suggests one cup, I would suggest just taking from the bag. Measurements are just suggestions for chocolate chips.
- 20Using the remaining vanilla frosting and a tablespoon, dallop eight circles around the top of the cake.
- 21Place the eight cherries on top of the eight vanilla frosting circles.
- 22Treat your friends to a meal of Lies and Deceit. ^.^.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake from Portal
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.9
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 660.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 63.1 g
- Protein 6.6 g