Recipe by Mexi-Rosie
This is the cake that my 4 kids always requested for their birthdays when they were young (and still do as adults).
Top Review by roxsand
I just made this tonight and the kids loved it. The orange flavor is a twist to regular cakes. It was a little dry but, it had great flavor not to sweet just right. We had big glass of milk with this. I will make it again.Thank you.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice or 1 cup quality packed orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (sifted with the baking powder and the salt)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 5 eggs (sparated in yolks and whites)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixer, cream butter.
- Add sugar and continue beating.
- Add yolks, one at a time, and continue beating until fluffy.
- Add the orange juice and zest, alternating with dry ingredients.
- Beat whites to soft peaks and add. Do not beat, just fold them.
- Pour batter into a pre-greased and pre-floured cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 40 minutes.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate white or butterwhipped frosting.