Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Its indeed a fantasy!!!
- 1 pineapple sponge cake
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 cup chilled cream
- 1⁄2 liter vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate sauce
- Cut the pineapple sponge cake into 2 halves.
- Spread the jam on each piece.
- Cook the apple pieces till soft in half cup of water to which sugar and lemon juice has been added.
- Whip cream with sugar till it thickens.
- Add the cooked apple pieces.
- Reserve the syrup.
- Put the ice-cream in a cake tin.
- Place the cake on it.
- Soak with apple syrup.
- Spread the apple-cream mixture over the cake.
- Press the other piece of cake onto it.
- Soak again with the remaining syrup.
- Cover with foil.
- Freeze for 8 hours.
- Remove from the cake tin 1 hour before serving.
- Pour the chocolate sauce.
- Freeze again.
- Serve after an hour.