Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Gooseberry Patch The Cozy Home Cookbook.
Make and share this Cake Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs, 2/3 cup sugar, and vanilla until thick and lemon colored.
- In another bowl, combine cream and butter.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and cream mixture to egg mixture.
- Beat each time until just blended.
- Chill dough for 2 hours.
- Roll out dough 3/8-inch thick on a powdered sugar or floured surface.
- Cut with doughnut cutter.
- Fry in 375° oil turning once; allow about 1 minute per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Shake warm doughnuts in a small brown paper bag with remaining sugar and cinnamon.