Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from the Mrs. Field's blog; I have slightly modified the ingredients. I also omitted additional variations such as powdered sugar coatings and jelly fillings.
- 1⁄3 cup demerara sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and egg together until creamy and light-colored.
- Add oil, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Combine flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Alternatively, bake for 8-10 minutes with miniature muffin tins.