1/2 Photos of Cake Decorator's Frosting
Tastes just like those wedding cake frostings we've all eaten - ultra-creamy and sweet!!! This recipe came from a cake decorating class I took many years ago. It is an excellent frosting for wedding and birthday cakes, and has the perfect consistency to use with a pastry bag/tube for writing or making colored roses, leaves or other decorations. You can make it any flavor you like! frosts a 2-layer cake plus some
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using electric mixer (prefereably not handheld), cream shortening until very soft.
- 2Add salt, a little powdered sugar and flavorings.
- 3Alternately add water and powdered sugar, beating on medium speed until frosting is smooth after each addition.
- 4***Do not mix on high speed as it will cause bubbles in the finished frosting.
- 5***NOTE: This frosting makes enough to frost a 2-layer cake with enough left to make decorative roses, etc.
- 6for the top of the cake.
- 7DECORATIONS: Roses, leaves and other decorations can be made by adding tasteless food coloring paste (Wilton is one brand) to the frosting.
- 8Make decorations, place on plastic wrap on cookie sheet and cover gently with plastic wrap.
- 9Freeze for up to 1 month.
- 10***If you decide to freeze your frosted cake, DO NOT put the decorations on it until after you have thawed both the cake and decorations, as the colored decorations will bleed into the cake frosting when they thaw.
- 11***Defrost cake and decorations separately and then place decorations on the cake.
- 12VARIATIONS: For chocolate frosting, add 3 tbs powdered cocoa to the sugar mixture.
- 13For lemon, omit butter and vanilla flavorings and add 3 tsp.
- 14lemon extract.
- 15COLORED FROSTINGS: Frosting can be made any color you want with tasteless food coloring, but be sure to mix well after adding the coloring.
- 16WEDDING CAKES: Five recipes of this frosting will decorate wedding cakes as follows: top layer 6-inch cake, middle layer 14-inch cake and bottom layer 18-inch cake.
- 17This will serve 50-60 people.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake Decorator's Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 46.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: