Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A custard type pudding using any type of cake. It can be as plain or as fancy as you want...just add nuts, raisins, or coconut, and top with whipped cream.
- Pour hot milk mixed with sugar, salt, and vanilla slowly into eggs whisking all the while.
- Then pour over crumbs and pour into dish.
- Place dish in a pan of hot water.
- Bake 350 for 40 min or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold with cream.
If you like custard, this is THE thing to do with stale cake (or in my case, really dry cakey cookies). I used craisins as the add-in with molasses cookie crumbs.
I hate to waste anything so love that this uses stale cake...this is a great recipe for using up leftovers and the flavour changes depending on which cake you use..wonderful..thankyou!
I made this recipe using some rich dark fruit cake that needed to be used up. Added a generous splash of brandy to the custard. Very good indeed.