Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried these yet, but I love cake batter ice cream, so I bet these are as good.
Make and share this Cake Batter Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons candy sprinkles
- 16 ounces almond bark
- 4 tablespoons yellow cake mix
- candy sprinkles
- Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined.
- Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of milk or more if needed to make a dough consistency.
- Mix in sprinkles by hand.
- Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
- While dough balls are chilling, melt almond bark in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Stir between intervals. Once melted, quickly stir in cake mix until incorporated completely.
- Using a fork, dip truffles into almond bark and shake of excess bark by tapping the bottom of the fork on the side of your bowl.
- Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles.
- Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
- Chill cake batter truffles in the refrigerator until serving.
I've made these once before, and they are SO good.
One of my friends brought these for a potluck, original recipe found here: http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2011/03/cake-batter-truffles.html. They were sooo rich and delicious! Just like cake batter. very intense and sweet treat! Perfect for parties