Recipe by yesdivascancook
The things are the talk of every play group in my area so when I received this recipe from a friend I had to finally give them a try. If you like Rice Krispies treats and yellow cake then you will love these. Kids go crazy over them and I can't say I blame them. They pack all of the fun of Rice Krispies treats with a kick of yummy cake batter and sprinkles! Great for birthday parties!
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 1⁄2 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cake mix, unprepared
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Over med-low heat, melt butter in a large pot.
- Add marshmallows.
- When marshmallows start to melt, spoon in the cake batter.
- Stir until combined.
- Add sprinkles (as much as you like).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Rice Krispies Cereal until coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan. (Use a oiled offset spatula to make pressing easier since it's really sticky).
- Top with more sprinkles.
- Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy!
- *Note* Store in an airtight container.