Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You are a grown-up. Therefore you need to take advantage of it and do so by having cake for breakfast!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cake mix (use the mix of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup colored decorating candy sprinkles
- vanilla, glaze topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup colored decorating candy sprinkles
- Combine flour, cake mix, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix. Add the milk, eggs and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. You want the batter to look like regular pancake batter; not too thin, not too thick. This will vary greatly on the brand of cake mix you use. A cook with experience making pancakes will be able to determine the need for small amounts of extra items such as small amounts of cake mix, milk, sugar and/or pure vanilla extract. A small taste test will help determine if they are to your personal taste.
- Preheat an skillet or buttered frying pan by warming to medium heat. Fold in the amount of colored sprinkles into the batter. Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the batter in to the skillet and let cook until bubbles form on top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 minute more. Serve with vanilla glaze.
- For vanilla glaze topping mix milk, vanilla extract and powdered sugar until glaze forms. You may need to add a little more powdered sugar or milk to reach desired consistency depending on your personal preference for a thicker or thinner glaze. Mix the 1/4 cup colored decoration sprinkles into the glaze base and drizzle on pancakes just prior to serving.