Recipe by BajanDredi
By: Ekho (allrecipes.com) "I was in love with this ice cream from a couple of local stores, and I combined a couple of different recipes and came up with this one."
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup white cake mix, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, cream, and cake mix in a saucepan until well blended. Cook over medium-low heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), stirring frequently. Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator or freezer until liquid is cold.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions until it reaches "soft-serve" consistency. Transfer ice cream to a one- or two-quart lidded plastic container; cover surface with plastic wrap and seal. For best results, ice cream should ripen in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.