Recipe by smstemp
I made this recipe after falling in love with Coldstone and Carvel's Cake Batter Ice Cream. I recommend using Splenda instead of sugar since there is sugar in the cake mix. You can use 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract if you please. You can also use 3/4 cup of cake mix. THIS RECIPE IS TO USE WITH AN ICE CREAM MAKER (MINE IS BY CUISINART)
Top Review by chrstnamarie
I too love Coldstone's and Maggie Moo's cake batter ice cream. I used skim milk in place of whole milk and fat free half & half in place of the cream. I also used 1.5 cups of cake mix and only 1/2 cup sugar. Awesome :)
- 1 cup whole milk, well chilled
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup cake mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. It is better to keep it in there 24/7 that way it is always ready.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla to taste.
- Stir in cake mix, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix until it has thickened (about 25-30 minutes).
- Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate container.
- Place freezer bowl and the ice cream into the freezer to further harden.