I made this recipe after falling in love with Coldstone and Carvel's Cake Batter Ice Cream. I recommend using Splenda instead of sugar since there is sugar in the cake mix. You can use 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract if you please. You can also use 3/4 cup of cake mix. THIS RECIPE IS TO USE WITH AN ICE CREAM MAKER (MINE IS BY CUISINART)
- Place freezer bowl of ice cream maker into the freezer. It is better to keep it in there 24/7 that way it is always ready.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla to taste.
- Stir in cake mix, making sure there are no lumps.
- Pour mixture into the freezer bowl and let mix until it has thickened (about 25-30 minutes).
- Remove ice cream from freezer bowl and place into a separate container.
- Place freezer bowl and the ice cream into the freezer to further harden.