Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I use fat free ingredients and it turns out great.
Make and share this Cake Batter Cheese Cake Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup yellow cake mix (not prepared, just the dry ingredients)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together soft cream cheese and cake mix.
- Heat half and half and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla.
- Gradually add half and half mixture to cream cheese. Beat until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Mixture will be very thick.
- 30 minutes before using the ice cream machine, put the mixture in the freezer.
- Freeze according to ice cream makers directions. Mine took about 45 minutes.
- Since this is so thick I like to stir it once every 30-45 minutes for 3 hours until completely frozen, but this is optional.
- Great with sprinkles, chocolate chips and little cake pieces!