1/1 Photo of Cake Balls
1 hr 10 mins
This is a delicious recipe. Made it a few times and made some changes along the way. Such as substituting the frosting stuffing with cream cheese! It's my fav! And also making the frosting from scratch rather than the store bought one. You can basically try any sort of stuffing or frosting you desire. It's very easy to make... enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (16 ounce) cream cheese (melted)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bar butter
- 3 tablespoons milk (or a spoon more to make it creamier)
- chopped almonds
- sprinkled sugar
- 1Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes.
- 2When cake is done, wait about 20 min then crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the melted cream cheese until well blended.
- 3In a sauce pan put the butter and milk then add the chocolate chips. stirring occasionally until smooth.
- 4Use a spoon to scoop and form balls of the chocolate cake mixture.
- 5Dip the balls in chocolate frosting using a toothpick or fork to hold them.
- 6Place into wax paper.
- 7Sprinkle almonds and sugar for decoration.
- 8Keep refrigerated for 30 min before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake Balls
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 52.1 mg
- Sodium 248.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: