A great party food. Adults and Kids love these.
Make and share this Cake Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared chocolate frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) dark chocolate bark (confectioner's candy coating) or 1 (3 ounce) milk chocolate bark (confectioner's candy coating)
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes.
- When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture.
- Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.