A great party food. Adults and Kids love these.
Make and share this Cake Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) containerprepared chocolate frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) dark chocolate bark (confectioner's candy coating) or 1 (3 ounce) milk chocolate bark (confectioner's candy coating)
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes.
- When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture.
- Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.
This is quite good and very easy recipe but for the coating, 3oz. of chocolate is not enough to coat all the cakes. I used about 14 oz. to coat them.
These things are delicious. I like to mix and match the frosting cake and chocolate combinations to see which taste the best. These are also easy to fit whatever occasion. If its saint Patrick's day, use green chocolate. If its valentines day, make them heart shaped. There delicious
Made these to include on the counter for a group I host occasionally, & they were a big hit! I actually made 2 batches, one as given in the recipe & using the dark chocolate coating, & the other one with a white cake, orange frosting (along with some orange zest) & the milk chocolate! Also provided a kind of gift/doggy bag so each person could take several of them home (along with a copy of the recipe)! Great fun to make, & definitely a joy to eat, especially for the chocoholic! [Made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe tag]