1/2 Photos of Cake and Cannoli Custard Cream Filling
very good cream filling.. Note: I also made this with using only 250 ml of Nurti Whip and it turns out a little heavier but is great believe me..this is a three for one recipe here..as you can also use the filling without the nutri whip too with good tasting results. Use this filling for tarts, cream puffs, or cakes and although not a traditional cannoli filling its great in those too. Nutri Whip is a Canadian Product, it is similar to Rich's Ready to Whip Topping. It is liquid and needs to be beaten just like whipping cream, without sugar added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, flour and salt in a pot.
- 2Whisk to combine well.
- 3Add milk gradually to get no lumps.
- 4Stir over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a low boil, about 10 minutes.
- 5Beat yolks in a bowl.
- 6Add some hot mixture into the bowl just a little to bring to a warm temperature.
- 7Add all back into the pot of mixture on the stove and continue to low cook until thick, do not boil.
- 8Remove and blend in the vanilla and pkg of dry pudding mix.
- 9Stir well until blended.
- 10Cool two hours, covered with saran (not to get a skin on top) or until cold.
- 11Beat nutri whip and then fold into the cold custard.
- 12Blending well, the cold mixture is hard to fold in( as it has set to a thick custard) so using beaters low speed is also good results.
- 13Fill cannoli-- or filling and topping for cakes.this should be stored in the refrigerator, because of the Nutri whip topping.
- 14I have never made this with reg. whipping cream, always Nurti Whip.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake and Cannoli Custard Cream Filling
Serving Size: 1 (875 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 299.6 mg
- Sodium 651.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 29.0 g
- Protein 11.1 g