Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Fat Free
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 package wild rice, packaged
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces crescent rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- For filling: Saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and mushrooms in butter until tender and mushrooms have released some liquid.
- Add rice and water.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, cover tightly, simmer for 10 minutes.
- For dough: While rice is simmering, preheat oven to 3750.
- Separate crescent rolls into rectangles.
- Seal the seams in each rectangle by pressing the dough together.
- Place rice mixture (turnovers are easier to shape if rice is chilled) in the center of each rectangle. Fold dough over and press with a fork to seal the edges.
- Brush the tops of turnovers with beaten egg.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 12-13 minutes.
The turnovers are fantastic when warm. Even the rice is great just as a side dish. I used a mixture of wild rice and regular long grain.