Recipe by mailbelle
A quarter-pounder with cheese from McD's is over 500 calories, but this reduced calorie version of a quarter-pounder hamburger using turkey is about half that.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 ounces white mushrooms, shredded (about 1 cup shredded)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- buns or whole wheat pita bread
whatever you like to dress your burger with
- lettuce (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- red onion (optional)
- pickle (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broiler. Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, green pepper, mushrooms, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, minced onion, Cajun seasoning and garlic powder. Form into 4 burgers, about 3 inches in diameter.
- Place burgers on the prepared broiler pan and broil for about 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reads 160°F.
- Serve on buns, or for lower carbs, on whole wheat pitas, with lettuce, tomato, red onion and/or pickles.