Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the Cooks.com website. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like other types of salad that I like. Prep/cook time does not include time to hard boil the eggs.
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
- 2 teaspoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained
- Combine eggs and dill relish. Add the rest of the ingredients, except tuna, and mix well. Then add tuna. If mixture is dry, add more Miracle Whip/mayo.
Great tuna salad with a kick. I made a double batch and halved the eggs, seemed like a better ratio. I also swapped out Creole mustard for Dijon and Louisiana hot sauce for Tabasco. A little more authentic without changing the flavor too much. Will definitely make again, may add celery next time.
Like Debbwl, this is very similar to how my mother made tuna salad. My eggs were huge, so I just used 2, but kept the rest of the ingredients the same. Really enjoyed it on a sandwich thin for my lunch! Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars tag game.
This is very similar to what my mother used to make when we were young and yes we always liked it. I scaled the recipe back to serve two, used whole grain mustard and used mayo (hate Miracle Whip). I did not over stir as I want it a bit chunky and packed in a tub for my lunch box, enjoyed on romaine leaves for a low carb meal. Next time I will add some onion, thanks for the post.