Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ideal as an appetizer or a substitute for meat or fish. Sunrise Tofu Recipes.
- 1 (350 g) package extra firm tofu, cut diagonally into triangles
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Marinate tofu with spices and salsa for about 30 minutes.
- Place in a lightly grilled skillet and saute triangles until well browned on both sides.
This calls for Waterpacked tofu. When using this type drain the tofu by wrapping in cheesecloth and draining by placing a plate on top. Do not use aseptic packaged tofu. It is too soft for this even when named extra firm and also it will NOT brown no matter what you do. You cannot drain it also. Note Freeze the tofu before using for a better texture. Served with Cajun Beans and Rice. Nice meal
I couldn't get the tofu to brown in the skillet...I bought the tofu in an aseptic package so I shouldn't have to press it but maybe I should have...the slices were a bit wet. Great flavour though! Nice and spicy.