Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this off of Allrecipes originally. I would never go near sweet potatoes until this came along- my avorite way of fixing them now!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- In a small bowl, stir together paprika, brown sugar, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with olive oil spray.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into rounds ½ inch thick, place on baking sheet.
- Spray sweet potato tops with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix evenly over sweet potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven until tender, (approx 25 min.
I made this little number to accompany some broiled lemon pepper salmon for a quick weeknight dinner, and was pleasantly surprised how yummy it was. I am trying to encorporate more vegies into my diet and this is fast and easy enough to keep in my collection of sides for good. I used a couple tablespoons of a homemade cajun seasoning mix I had on hand and just added some brown sugar and a little extra salt to the blend before coating the potatoes first with oil and then in the seasonings. I was a bit disappointed the potatoes were softer than I expected, but the flavor more than made up for that. Very nice.
I made this dish last night with some Cajun Chicken, and I didn't like the spice combination in this recipe at all. Too many different flavors going on for such a delicate vegetable. I won't be making this again, sorry!
I love sweet potatoes, and I've found my new favorite way to prepare them! I made this for PAC to serve with Golden Praline Ham. The flavors combined beautifully with just the right amount of heat from the cayenne. Very delicious!