1/1 Photo of Cajun Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a hand-me-down recipe that I think started with Paul Prudhomme back when he was chef at the Commander's Palace in New Orleans. A fairly rich pie. You should make the servings fairly small.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the topping
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 2Combine the mashed sweet potatoes, both sugars, butter, vanilla, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Beat with an electric mixer until well blended and smooth.
- 4Scrape the mixture into the pie shell and sprinkle the pecans evenly over the top.
- 5In another large mixing bowl, prepare the topping.
- 6Combine the granulated sugar, eggs, corn syrup, melted butter, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- 7Stir until well blended and smooth.
- 8Scrape the mixture over the pecans.
- 9Bake until the pie is nicely browned, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 10Let cool completely on a wire rack and serve topped with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 337.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g