Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite recipes. The andouille sausage gives it such a wonderful flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup andouille sausage, diced
- 2 whole sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 1/4x1/4
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Saute onions and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat in sauce pan until translucent.
- Add andouille sausage and stir well to combine. Cook until some of the fat begins to render from the sausage.
- Add the diced sweet potato and cook for 12 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add chicken stock until evaporated, 5-10 minutes.
- Add cream and reduce until gone.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.