Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Readers Digest recipes. I can't wait to try this. Although I will use less oil I think. Posted for ZWT9
- 1 kg new potato, small & preferably red-skinned
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 3 -4 spring onions, finely chopped (scallions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 olive oil (you may prefer less)
- 250 g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced (Spanish spicy pork sausage)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Cook the unpeeled potatoes in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Drain and allow the potatoes to cool briefly, then slice and place in a bowl. Add the onions, spring onions, parsley and half the vinegar.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently brown the chorizo on both sides for about 8 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, olive oil and pan juices to the potatoes, and mix gently. Briefly heat the remaining vinegar in a pan with the mustard, paprika and cayenne pepper, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle the mixture over the potato salad and stir in lightly.
- This salad is best served warm.
- - See more at: http://www.readersdigest.com.au/cajun-style-potato-salad-recipe#sthash.i76xGW0N.dpuf.
I used small white skinned potatoes as I couldn't find small red skinned variety. Used slightly less oil as suggested by Tisme, otherwise made as per recipe. Very nice and went well with the sirloin steak I cooked. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap October 2013.
Very lovely potato salad. It had cooled by the time I was serving, so I popped it into the microwave for one minute.