1/2 Photos of Cajun-Style Potato Salad Recipe
I found this recipe in the Readers Digest recipes. I can't wait to try this. Although I will use less oil I think. Posted for ZWT9
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg new potato, small & preferably red-skinned
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 3 -4 spring onions, finely chopped (scallions)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 olive oil (you may prefer less)
- 250 g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced (Spanish spicy pork sausage)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1Cook the unpeeled potatoes in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are just tender.
- 2Drain and allow the potatoes to cool briefly, then slice and place in a bowl. Add the onions, spring onions, parsley and half the vinegar.
- 3Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently brown the chorizo on both sides for about 8 minutes.
- 4Add the chorizo, olive oil and pan juices to the potatoes, and mix gently. Briefly heat the remaining vinegar in a pan with the mustard, paprika and cayenne pepper, stirring constantly.
- 5Drizzle the mixture over the potato salad and stir in lightly.
- 6This salad is best served warm.
- 7- See more at: http://www.readersdigest.com.au/cajun-style-potato-salad-recipe#sthash.i76xGW0N.dpuf.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cajun-Style Potato Salad Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 557.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: